Saturday, April 4, 2015

The Ruins and Its Sweet Love Story

The Ruins: Philippine’s Taj Mahal


The Story of Taj Mahal in India was one of my Childhood favourites. I first learned about its story years before I learned it in school. I happened to read the story from a local magazine I found on our table. 



















They say The Ruins is our local version of Taj Mahal. A rich man, Don Mariano who fell in love with Maria Braga whom he met in one of his trips.

So Disney-like landscape - I so like this place. Fountain part's quite romantic.



If my memory serves me right, they had 10 children but on Maria's 11th pregnancy, she and the baby's not able to survive. The mansion was built in memory of Maria. 

This could have been a happy home filled with love.



 Inside The Ruins:








When no one's looking, I often go to a little more dangerous area - whenever available, Hahah! It's more exciting and more fun.


This will lead you to the restricted area (second floor):



 Now this is the reason why it's restricted. One wrong move, and who knows what will happen to you.


But sometimes, beautiful or valuable things are hidden in those restricted areas. And I was glad I had the chance to see these:




So this is how the second floor looks like:






















Almost done with my short tour, but it seemed that there's more to see in this place. I saw this thing and it activated my inner curiousity.

No one's in there. Ooooh! Seeing those colorful leaves made me want to go and check what's in there.













And I found another lovely, romantic place. I hope I could back to this place - I'm pretty sure it looks more mesmerizing and dramatic at night.
























 







Few more The Ruins photos:





Before leaving, do not forget to get some The Ruins souvenir item from their Souvenir Shop.



Going here, private car or hired taxi is a requirement. Free parking, but there's a Php 95 entrance fee. In case you get hungry, there's also a food store where you can eat and stand by should you want to stay there until 8PM.




In case you fall in love with this place, they would be glad to let you have your wedding and other special events at The Ruins.

No comments:

Post a Comment