Friday, April 3, 2015

D’Bone Collector Museum

D’ Bone Collector Musuem is just few of the tourist spots in Davao City that I haven’t visited yet, so I thought of checking this place out just before my flight back in Manila (March, 2015).


 







A two-story museum whose facade looks more like a house, D'Bone Collector Museum houses preserved bones of various animals . If it wasn't for the signage, you wouldn't know it's a museum. Located in San Pedro Street, Poblacion District – not that far from Palm Residence Inn near Sta. Ana church.






 
The first floor does not contain much display. But what captured my attention was the huge horse in one corner. It even surprised me when one of their staffs told me that there's a grandma standing just beside the horse. I thought the museum's devoted to showcasing bones of animals – human bones not counted.


Photos Taken from the First Floor




And  there's grandma - the small, black-colored human skeleton that stands near that  animal.






Second floor contains more bone displays and are more interesting than the ones on the first floor. You'll have your tour guide who'll give you some facts and trivia about those bones. Scripted stories and facts that I already know bore me, so I kept on interrupting my tour guide if I'd like a more elaborated explanation. 















Photos Taken From the Second Floor

Under the sea! Whales and dolphin.


Give me five, dude!




Shark's teeth


Asian Insects here:






Wildlife












Dogs! :)


Shih tzu:

Askal:


The unborn pup :( (the one hanging from the dog's womb)


Few more assorted photos:




D'Bone Collector Museum (Facade)



 "Padyak" is needed if you want to go back to the main road to hail a cab.

No comments:

Post a Comment