Sunday, June 14, 2015

Palawan Tour – Puerto Princesa Version

My initial plan was just to see the Underground River – one of the World’s Wonders. I had two other options either to book a city tour or perhaps Honda Bay Island Hopping Tour. I chose the latter since if time permits, City Tour’s going to be easy.





Exactly three days after quitting my day job, it’s touchdown Puerto Princesa (Airport,) Sweetheart. It seemed that the Universe had intentionally booked this tour as I may really need it to enjoy one of the things that I love to do – after a chaotic and disturbing first half of 2015 at work. I was able to survive, though with the help of someone who was willing to make life at work somehow easy for me.

Stayed at Natua’s Cabin – just a few steps away from the airport.




I didn’t know much about this place, but it’s among those cheap accommodations near Puerto Princesa Airport. From the exit, turn right. They also have very affordable adventure/tour package even for single pax.


Should you get hungry, better hail a tricycle for only Php 10 and go to Rizal Avenue where you can find the usual fast food and other eatery. I decided to eat at Belly Buster since the place looked friendly for solo traveller.



Do not depend too much on room service and even the at the restaurant fronting Natua’s reception area.

However, the one in-charge in their Natua’s Restaurant was kind and friendly. Better have your complimentary breakfast here. I had a nice morning chat with her while having my breakfast. But as for your lunch and dinner, go somewhere else.

















Belly Buster – Food’s delicious, average customer service, affordable, and I like their theme!




Getting around: from Natua’s Cabin going to Rizal Avenue, tricycle will do. Drivers even offer Honda Bay and Underground River Tour for Php 1,200 – P1,300 each tour. I just didn’t grab their offer since I’m on a solo tour and I preferred to have a hassle-free trip.

Budget for this Solo Trip:
Fan room Php 450/night with complimentary breakfast
Honda Bay Tour Php 1,100 lunch included
Underground River Tour Php 1,400.

DIY Tour isn’t that recommended, except for city tour.

Click links below for more Puerto Primcesa Adventure Photos:

Underground River Tour, Sidetrip: Ugong Rock

Honda Bay Adventure - Island Hopping

Add this to your budget since your Island Hopping Tour will require you to bring some stuff, unless you have your own snorkel and your slippers will do to protect your feet.

For Rent:
Snorkel Php 150
Aqua Shoes Php 150
Bread (for fish feeding Php 15)





Highly Recommended: Book accommodation: near airport. Everything that you need's gonna be within your reach: food, pasalubong store, tricycle, jeep, tours, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment