Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Long Trip to Cagbalete, Quezon

I was still on the 2-11PM working schedule and after my shift, I had to hurry since my friends were already boarding the bus (Buendia, Pasay Station), trying their best to prevent the bus from leaving on time. We're going to Cagbalete Island in Mauban, Quezon. 



The bus was bound for Lucena (Grand Central Terminal). It was around 4AM when we arrived at the bus station. Our non-air conditioned mini bus bound for Mauban (which looked scary-I thought riding on that bus was both exciting and a bit dangerous) came between 4-5 AM. Time for another two-hour bus ride. 

Meet my sleepy friends :) And that's how the mini bus looks like.


Early-in-the-morning view.. #Foggy #ChillyWind


Hello Sunshine




 Boat ride was next. The port was just a few steps away (depends on your definition of few steps away) once you get off the bus. I was surprised to see the number of passengers on that boat!

I guess the roro boat from Batangas Pier to Puerto Galerais a lot better.


When we finally arrived at Cagbalete Island, I thought we could finally relax in our cottage. I wasn't expecting that we all had to walk for more than (or at least) half an hour. I was shocked to see that kind of endless road (similar with what I experienced in my Mystical Cave Half Day Tour).

Welcome to Mauban (or Cagbalete – dunno which is which)


The residential part of the island – cemented road, small houses, normal life


If your bag's too heavy, there'll be grade school and teenage boys who are willing to carry
your bags for you. Just don't forget to give them tip (and food!)


The boy's carrying a heavy bag, but he still walked faster than us.


At long last, we arrived at Villa Cleofas. But we were all too tired and we decided to take a nap before exploring the area – nap that lasted for five hours.
Unique-looking cottages

 
Dinner at their so called restaurant (or maybe canteen)


Happy Weekend! What a nice way of spending your Saturday evening!



 We only had the entire morning on Sunday to swim and play. We must leave the place before lunch.

Swimming Time


Relax Relax pa


Len, Ams, Me, and Euna



Time to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment