Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ilocos Sur (Vigan)


Vigan was the last place that I explored when I visited Ilocos. I was on a solo trip on my first two days until my friends finally arrived. After our Pagudpud Tour, we asked our driver/tour guide from Northview Hotel to drop us at the bus station. We're heading to Vigan.

It's a 2-hour bus ride. It was 7PM when we arrived. We were lucky to find a kind tricycle driver who patiently helped us find a hotel. Most of the hotels that time were fully-booked.

We stayed at Cordillera Inn. Even the hotel had this El-Filibusterismo-like ambiance.





Late dinner at the nearby antique-looking Italian restaurant. We ordered Bagnet pizza.


Before going back to our hotel, we decided to explore the famous Crisologo Street.



The next day, we went a little bit further.
Souvenir shops: You can find lots of good and practical souvenir items along Crisologo and other nearby streets.


On your way out of this old Spanish-influenced place, you'll this Filipino-owned chicken restaurant. They serve good food here.

\
Town proper. Vigan Cathedral         








I had a plane to catch so I was not able to join my friends when they had decided to visit Baluarte (zoo).

No comments:

Post a Comment