Saturday, February 21, 2015

Day-Trip to the Usual Where-to-Go-In-Tagaytay Places Part 1 (Picnic Grove)

Been here for a couple of times, though I was not able to completely savor my day-trip whenever I go to this place. Been hoping that I could finally explore the place in my own way. But I guess Tagaytay isn’t that very kind to me, unlike the other provinces that I have been to. But at least, the last time I went to Tagaytay (December 26, 2014), I was glad that I was able to catch a very nice view of Taal Volcano. It’s one of the picturesque beauties of nature that my humble gadget could capture. It has become one of my favourite traveller’s spots. 




Picnic Grove


You can bring your whole family to have a picnic (hence the name of the place) or even your friends to simply take a walk and enjoy a trek-like, rocky walk. You can bring your own food. Parking fee, Horse-back riding, cottages/tables, zipline, jungle adventure, and entrance fee are among the charges that visitors must have to shoulder.


A few animals also reside under this what seems like a tiny park-turned-into-zoo.


Zipline – It isn’t that long or super high (will cost you Php 200 per head – one way; Php 300/head – two way), but will still make you scream.



In case that scares you, try cable car instead. You can have your picture taken for free.
(zipline and cable car – 2 each)


If you’re looking for a convenient souvenir-shopping, there are a lot of stores inside the Picnic Grove that sell various items. Try to haggle and get the most reasonable price. Cheap but delicious food is also available in this two-story, small place just in front of Picnic Grove’s Entrance.




Just make sure to bring an umbrella because it could rain anytime.


Tip: Do not bring your grannies and any member of your family who is afraid of heights or who has a weak bone and tires easily (unless you’re really planning to rent a cottage to have your picnic/lunch).

No comments:

Post a Comment