Sunday, May 4, 2014

Malacañang of the North (Laoag, Ilocos Norte, Philippines)

I had my DIY half-day tour in Laoag. Last Stop, Malacañang of the North. The Marcos' former house. Huge, nice house!



This area has a WOW factor.



Nice, expensive staircase.


On the second floor.
His office. It looks like the Palace in Malacañang. Hence the name.


Master Bedroom



You`ll surely have a great morning whenever you see this the moment you wake up.


You'll see the well-known golf course from here.

Senator BongBong Marcos' former room / Girls` Room


The other spacious areas of the house.



Some parts of the house are turned into mini museums. All visitors could see the policies, law, etc. that Marcos authored, developed, and implemented (plus other significant events) and how successful the Philippine was during his term.

What a birthday gift! San Juanico Bridge – bridge that runs from Samar to Leyte. The longest bridge in the Philippines built in 1973. (Imelda’s hometown: Leyte)


Marcos family is indeed influential and for some they may have this not-so-good reputation. But no matter what other people say, they seem to have a typical and happy family just like other human beings on earth.


Among all other pictures, these family pictures captured most of my attention.


And time to go back to Northview Hotel. I gave the driver Php 500, but looking at his expression, 500 wasn't enough. Well I asked him how much I should give. He said it's up to me. I gave him Php 500 and asked him if it's enough and he said YES again after a long pause. Then I realized it should have been at least Php 1,000.

Tip: Do not accept the Bahala na po kayo (It's up to you.) answer from the driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment